I spent a year searching YouTube on the subject of FPV. I wish I would have found this course earlier!! Everything you need to know is here with videos, and ...Read More
I spent a year searching YouTube on the subject of FPV. I wish I would have found this course earlier!! Everything you need to know is here with videos, and training exercises. Also included is useful documentation and various checklists.Read Less
I had been watching FPV videos of flights and I said got to try this hobby. I literally posted "How do I get started?" and that's when I got hooked up with t...Read More
I had been watching FPV videos of flights and I said got to try this hobby. I literally posted "How do I get started?" and that's when I got hooked up with this course. TMac goes through everything you need and explains how everything works. Without the course I would have been bumbling around on line, ordering parts that wouldn't have worked, etc, etc. It saved a lot of time and money. TMac is also constantly uploading videos and staying current with new products that are coming out. The course is a great place to start out!Read Less
Informative and fun course for all who want to get into the hobby and those wanting to learn more! Great instructor who gets to the point so FHA’s you can...Read More
Informative and fun course for all who want to get into the hobby and those wanting to learn more! Great instructor who gets to the point so FHA’s you can get to flying!Read Less
I found the course easy and informative. TMac was always there to help when I needed. I would recommend the class to anyone who is interested in FPV
I found the course easy and informative. TMac was always there to help when I needed. I would recommend the class to anyone who is interested in FPVRead Less
My opinion of the Fast Track FPV course it's one of the best things that came to me trying to learn about the topic-did not waste time, got to the point. Al...Read More
My opinion of the Fast Track FPV course it's one of the best things that came to me trying to learn about the topic-did not waste time, got to the point. Also it's not just about the drone itself, it's about the entire spectrum of the hobby-where I can fly and where I can't, and be aware of people when I fly. It did teach me that there are rules and regulations with the FAA, also how to tune up the drone, how to use Betaflight, and how to flash the firmware. Again, it's the best thing that came to me since I started learning about FPV!Read Less
If navigating the FPV world feels overwhelming, this is what you need to get started. Easy-to-follow videos, well-planned, not glossing over details. And if...Read More
If navigating the FPV world feels overwhelming, this is what you need to get started. Easy-to-follow videos, well-planned, not glossing over details. And if you're not a noob, don't throw your friends on the endless Youtube hype train (not right away!), do them a favor, send them here first.Read Less
I've been flying quads like the DJI Phantoms for years, but FPV is a whole nother animal. It's not plug and play by any means. It will take you weeks to figu...Read More
I've been flying quads like the DJI Phantoms for years, but FPV is a whole nother animal. It's not plug and play by any means. It will take you weeks to figure out what you need to get going, let alone how to set it up. Trust me, this requires patience but TMac's Fast Track FPV Course will shorten your learning curve and get you flying.Read Less
Very informative! I was able to update and setup my radio easily after following the instructions in the course!
Very informative! I was able to update and setup my radio easily after following the instructions in the course!Read Less
- SPECIAL WELCOME MESSAGE FROM TMAC
- 2.1 FAST TRACK FPV SLIDES (Pdf)
- 2.2 LET'S GET STARTED!
- 2.3 QUAD BASICS
- 3.1 FPV GEAR - TRANSMITTER BEST VALUE OPTIONS
- 3.2 FPV GEAR - TRANSMITTER SETUP
- 3.3 SIMULATOR - ACCELERATED LEARNING
- 4.1 LEGAL FLIGHT
- 4.2 SKILLS & DRILLS - LINE-OF-SIGHT (LOS)
- 5.1 FPV GEAR - QUADCOPTER BEST VALUE OPTIONS
- 5.2.1 QUADCOPTER COMPLETE SETUP-PART 1 (BETAFLIGHT CONFIGURATOR, FLASH FIRMWARE, BIND RX, BETAFLIGHT RX TAB)
- 5.2.2 QUADCOPTER COMPLETE SETUP-PART 2 (CONFIGURATION, POWER & BATTERY, FAILSAFE TABS)
- 5.2.3 QUADCOPTER COMPLETE SETUP-PART 3 (PID TUNING & FILTERS TAB)
- 5.2.4 QUADCOPTER COMPLETE SETUP-PART 4 (MODES TAB & CALIBRATE ACCELEROMETER)
- 5.2.5 QUADCOPTER COMPLETE SETUP-PART 5 (MOTORS & OSD TABS, PRE-FLIGHT CHECK)
- 5.3 FPV GEAR - GOGGLES BEST VALUE OPTIONS
- SKILLS & DRILLS - FIRST-PERSON VIEW (FPV)
- 7.1 LINKS TO KNOW
- 7.2 WHERE TO SHOP
- 7.3 GRADUATION CERTIFICATE
- 7.4 BEFORE YOU GO . . .
- 8.1 TRANSMITTER SETUP CHECKLIST
- 8.2 QUADCOPTER SETUP CHECKLIST
- 8.3 MOBULA7 BETAFLIGHT 4.0.0 (11 Apr 19) CLI DUMP
- 8.4 THREE INCH QUAD BUILD PICTORIAL
- 8.5 MICRO FPV 3 INCH QUADCOPTER BUILD WIRING DIAGRAM
- 8.6 DO-IT-YOURSELF (DIY) FPV DRONE RACE GATE BUILD DIAGRAM
- 8.7 PARTS & TOOLS LIST DIY FPV DRONE RACE GATE
- 8.8 DIY FPV RACE FLAG SCHEMATIC
- 8.9 PARTS & TOOLS DIY FPV RACE FLAG
- 8.10 BetaFlight 4.0.2 Setup - Micro FPV 3" Quad With 1408 3600 Kv Motors
Please feel free to reach out via email with any questions you may have! firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, schedule a time slot with me for a text messaging/voice call session to answer your questions:
TMac is a retired United States Air Force Officer with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and a Master of Engineering degree in Aeronautical Engineering. He is FCC certified, FAA registered, and a member of the Academy of Model Aeronautics. He is an Honor Graduate of Undergraduate Space Training and has years of experience as an Instructor on numerous topics, as a Professor and Department Chair at the University of Miami, FL and has created courses and curricula throughout his career still in use worldwide today.
Fast Track FPV IS Your Clear Flight Path to FPV Fun!
Fly First-Person View (FPV) Drones and feel like you're in the cockpit of a high-speed aircraft!
Want to start having fun flying FPV Race Drones, aka Quadcopters or "Quads", but aren't sure how to start or confused about what gear to buy? Never flown a Quad before or fairly new to FPV? No worries at all! We've got you covered!
Fast Track FPV Course:
- Saves time - no need to scour the internet for answers - more Fun Sooner!
- Saves money - Best Value "Future Proof" Gear
- Teaches Legal Flying - safe & responsible
- 12 Practice "Skills & Drills"
Includes down-loadable Resources & BONUSES!
- Easy-to-Follow Checklists
- Important "Links to Know"
- Private Fast Track FPV Motivational Support Group
- Discounts to FPV Gear (when available)
- Complete Instructions for your own Do-It-Yourself inexpensive FPV Race Gates & Flags
- Quadcopter Build Guides
- Affiliate Program - introduce others to FPV FUN & earn $
- Graduation Certificate!
The program consists of 8 modules and I, TMac McGraw, am your Guide on this Journey to Better FPV on this Clear Flight Path to FPV Fun! I will show you the basics of quadcopter flight and control, best value FPV gear options (transmitter, simulators, quadcopters, & goggles) along with their initial setup, where to fly, introduce you to the legalities of FPV, and demonstrate 12 "Skills & Drills" you can use both on a simulator and in real-world flight to enhance your flying expertise.
As a special bonus, I have created an exclusive Fast Track FPV Facebook Group for "Fast Trackers" in this program to motivate, support, like, and share each other’s successes along their Journey to Better- so, you basically have built in teammates right out of the "race gate!" PLUS I've added extra Resource & Bonus Sections chock-full of "Links to Know," Where to Buy FPV Gear, Quad Build Pictorial & Wiring Diagram, Do-It-Yourself Drone Race Gate & Flags Schematic with parts & tools, an affiliate program and More! Finally, I've created 2 easy-to-follow step-by-step checklists to help you setup your OpenTX transmitter AND quadcopter.
Fast Track FPV will "get you in the air," having fun, flying FPV in minimal time, at less cost, in a safe & responsible manner.
One more thing-this is The Fast Track FPV Course, everything you need to know to get started in under 3 1/2 hours! Goggles Down & Thumbs Up-see you "In less than 5."